14.6.13

The call you least expect, and least want.

Often when my pastor (Levi Lusko, for those who didn't know) closes a message on the Gospel,  and sometimes when its not specifically the Gospel, he invites people to give their lives over to Christ, who died for the sins of all, taking our place on the cross we deserve.  He talks about how death is many things, most often, it is a surprise. One day out of the blue, we get that call. The call we least expect, and the call we least want to get. He tells how that its not a preachers trick, just the reality. He has experienced it in his own life, as have I.
Very recently, in fact.
Yesterday I recieved the call that a very good friend, on of those I would call brother and best friend, died.
He had been shot in a scuffle with police in Idaho. He had apparently driven to Seattle, feeling like he couldn't walk away form the problems plaguing him, He realized that, with our Saviour, all thigns are possible with His strength (Philippians 4:13) at least I think and hope thats what happened. He had a gun and since he was pulled over on the side of the road, a passing police officer stopped. From there it is unclear what happened, except this: They walked away.
He didn't.
In the blink of an eye, my friend was face to face with his creator,
Until I join him there, I will not see him again.
While this hurts, I grieve with hope, for I will see him again. There is a hope in the sadness. Hope from, Christ Jesus. Yes, my friend had problems, and he needed help, but I cannot say why he didn't turn to Him with them, All I know is he is gone.
The call we least expect. The call we least want.
Yet, one day we will be the subject of such a call. One day, someone will call those you love, to tyell them the very news you dread to hear about those you love. Only you will be the reason they call.
Please hear me this:
There is no avoiding this fact: The harshest truth of life is the brevity of it. My friend was not even 30. He had such potential, but it was taken. We are never promised more than today. That is why I urge you: PLEASE see yourself as we all are: Sinners who need the grace of a God whose love surpasses anything we as humans can comprehend. My friend, for all his faults, is now embraced by Jesus, for he placed his trust in Him. I WILL see him again. The free gift of Christ is available to anyone who asks and confesses that He is Lord (Romans 10:10) I urge you to do that if you have not. No, I beg you.
We are never promised that we will get chance to later in life. Why play Russian roulette with eternity?
If you wish to know more on how you can recieve the free gift of salvation with Christ, please click this link and it will explain better than I
http://vimeo.com/6648174

No comments:

Post a Comment