25.12.08

Holidays and hope

I near the one year anniversary of my acceptance of Jesus. It really makes me think about things. Things that I had, and things I want, and things I don't have. It also makes me think of where I was at this point last year, where honestly I didn't think life was worth living anymore. I used to think that church, and Christianity in general was weird. Now I can't picture my life without the church, and those I have gotten to know through it, and those I now know better than before because of it. I mean that. I cannot see how I functioned without God and the church before. It has only been less than 1 year, but so much has happened to me and my life that it feels like a lifetime. It is Christmas day. And I see how my family has no clue what it really means, and I tried to get them to. But, they don't come. I have tried to get them to come with me to church since I started, and nothing. But I will continue to try.
And another thing-it is weird how you can meet someone that before you never knew, and suddenly, they become someone you can;t wait to talk to, when they text you, it just makes you feel special, because they want to talk to YOU, and how that you both can transcend fears of the unknown with each other to really show them who you are. They show intrest in what makes you you, and vice-versa. Just.....interesting...
This turned out much longer than intended, so I am signing off.
Happy holidays, and may God bless you in the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment