9.1.09

One year

One year ago yesterday, I was close to giving up entirely.

One year ago, I never thought I would find someone like I have now.
One year ago, I couldn't imagine that I would have given up all that I have.
One year ago, I never thought that I would have made the friends I have made.
One year ago, I never thought that I would be at home again.
One year ago, I never thought I would be back at college.
One year ago, I would never have believed that I could have found the peace and inner joy that I have.

One year ago today, I gave myself to God.
One year ago today, I rejected the "pleasures" of this world.
One year ago today, I made a life altering choice.
I wouldn't take this years worth of decisions back. I really do not know how I functioned without God in my life. As I enter a new year, and a new point in my life, I am more excited about it than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment