7.9.10

Spoiler Alert!

So guess what? You are going to die!

So am I.

Why start this off in that note? Simple. We never know when we are done on this earth. It's that easy. I hope to have 60 or more years left. I don't know if I am going to have that. Heck, I am not even promised tomorrow. Again, what's the point? Simple, yet again. We die, and then what? We go somewhere. Where? That my friend is where YOU (pointing dramatically out the screen at the reader) come in. You get to make the choice, where are we going to be for the grand space of time known as Eternity? Time unmeasurable. So vast it defies our limited human mind. Eternity scares me. Why? Because while I know where I am spending it, I know where some other people are going to as well. It will not be pretty. "Spoiler Alert!", the study we have going through at Skull Church, is making this very clear: Life sucks, then you die? Apart from God, we cannot enjoy anything. There is pleasure in it for a season but soon it takes more of that to get the fix, more and more till you are an addict, slave to whatever it is you place on a pedestal before you, be it your job, your car, anything. I know I have been guilty of this, for it should be God. Sometimes it is not. But now I know a lot of people who don't share my views, and please do not take this as an attack. All I know is the time is short. Three years ago a friend of mine was killed along with her brother on her way to start college. She didn't plan on dying that morning she left for Billings. But still it happened. Almost one year ago, someone very close to me was killed on a slippery road. He and I spoke mere hours before he died. And we hung out two days before, both of us serving at the church, and loving having God with us. But he died that night, and he died without warning. He was on his way home, and then suddenly he was gone. But, he and I will see each other again. We shall meet in Heaven. Spoiler alert!: Life is short, eternity is not. Where are you going? To Heaven, or Hell? There is no middle road. There is no on the fence. Jesus said "I am the way, the Truth the Life. No one gets to the father except through me" If there was another way to Heaven, why would Jesus have endured the worlds most painful death? Sitting there thinking on it, He began to sweat blood. BLOOD! He said, "If there is any other way, Father, please let this cup pass from Me," and then when no answer came, He said "Let YOUR will be done" There is no bones about it (no pun intended) if you do not accept Jesus, the Bible states you will be cast into the lake of fire. That which was meant for Lucifer and his angels. But for us human beings created in God's own image, it was never meant for us! To say 'well, I ain't for it, but not against it' SPOILER ALERT! Not making a decision IS making a decision. That would no. Jesus died on the hill shaped like a skull, that place Golgotha, and what held him to that cross? Love, not nails. Love for you and for me. Jesus rose from the dead. No one else can say that the leader who started their religion did that. I think I wanna follow the guy who beat the grave personally.People mock Jesus today, it is easy enough to do for some people. But i urge you, reader of this note: Take this into account. It is appointed for a man to be born, and to die. and we don't know when we are going to die. But the odds are pretty good it will happen. Have you seen the statistics on death? 1 in 1 odds? Them's a rich bet it will happen. Can you say that you know what will happen for sure? Or do you fear the hereafter? When you think about death do you lose your breath or keep your cool? Know this readers: accepting God in my life was the best hing I could ever have done. Without Him, I wouldn't be here. God saved me. Although i am weak, and mess up all the time, He forgives me, and always is there to hold me up, for I can do all through Christ who strengthens me. If you have been to church and felt God tug at your heart, do not fight it, surrender! Give you life to Him and watch Him change you! It will not be easy, Jesus was persecuted so shall His followers, but this way is better for you. So much better. God will change you into that which He intended you to be, if you but ask Him to forgive you, and come and live within you as His Holy Spirit does. Repent of your sins, and walk with Him, and follow Him. He will lead us to the greener pastures beyond that which I can imagine.And so if you feel compelled to attack me for posting this, whatever. I have the right to say this, YOU chose to read it.And now toy are in the knowledge of Christ and what He did for you on Calvary, that skull shaped hill.So it is all up to you. What do wish to have? Heaven, or Hell? Make the choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment